What Can I Bring to Treatment?
Preparing for Treatment: What to Bring
Although dress is casual, we expect all patients to dress appropriately. Comfortable clothing is suggested. However, it must be in good taste.
- Casual Clothing – 7 days worth (laundry facilities available)
- Appropriate shoes and clothing for recreational activities.
- Swimming suit – NO Bikinis or thongs
- Appropriate undergarments
- Shoes must be worn at all times when outside of your room
- Clothes cannot be sexually suggestive. No tight clothes, short-shorts or skirts, low-cut blouses, midriff tops or see-through clothes.
- Males must wear sleeved shirts (no tank tops).
- No hats or caps.
- Bathrobes and sleepwear cannot be worn outside patients room at anytime.
- Do not sleep in the nude. Private parts of the body must be clothed.
- No clothing advertising drugs/alcohol or other inappropriate symbolism is allowed.
- 1 Toothbrush
- 1 tube of toothpaste
- 1 comb/brush
- 1 deodorant
- 2 soaps
- 10 plastic hangers
- 1 pump hairspray/gel/mouse
- 1 shampoo
- 1 conditioner
- A reasonable amount of make-up, feminine hygiene products, accessories/jewelry.
Items to be kept in cubby:
(Patients receive these items after 72-hours & checked by maintenance)
- Hair dryers
- Curling irons
- rechargeable shavers
- make-up in plasic containers
(Items Not Allowed in the Facility)
- Razor blades, straight razors, safety razors (only electric shavers are allowed).
- Knives/sharps i.e., screwdrivers, needles, pins, hooks, scissors etc.
- Firearms of any sort, ammunition or any potential weapon.
- Cigarette lighters (adults may have these).
- Cell phones, cameras, beepers or personal computers.
- Videos – no video may be brought from home at anytime.
- Candy, food, beverages and/or snacks.
- No Aerosol containers
- No glass containers i.e., make-up mirrors, flower vases.
- Nothing with alcohol as an ingredient in the first 5 ingredients
Patients may have spending money; however we recommend that large sums be kept in the safe. ($200.00 Maximum). Adolescents may have no more than $5.00 in their room/on their person.
If you are ready to discuss treatment for yourself or a loved one, the Fairwinds admissions team is here to help.
Contact Us Here